Friday, April 2, 2010

Vacation Photos


I'm finally getting time to add some of our vacation photos here! We visited Seaside, Oregon last week and we were fortunate to have wonderful weather for most of out trip. I had never been to that area so we did some sightseeing to some of the local areas including Cannon Beach, Fort Columbia and Astoria.


This is the Tillamook Rock Lighthouse, it is the most impressive lighthouse I've seen. I found myself daydreaming about how they got out there to build it, the winds were so strong this day from the viewpoint that I struggled to keep my camera still enough to get a good shot. So I can't imagine trying to build on a rock in the middle of the ocean!


And there is something about seagulls soaring that I love!


This was one of the neatest finds on our trip to Astoria. We found these darling little roadside flower stands all along the way full of fresh daffodils! I would have bought tons if we had been going home as they were only a $1 a piece!

I've got tons more photos to go through yet and I will share more I finish them. I think I took about 500 photos!

9 comments:

M.M.E. said...

I love the color palette of your photos! What filter did you add? Or is it an old camera? I love that flower stand! It's wonderful to meet another fine artist.

Jess // CLineCreations said...

What gorgeous and timeless photos!

Natalie said...

love the flower stand, daff's are one of my favourite flowers. Beautiful photos x

Montagyoo said...

Love the flower stand photo!

Celtic Cat said...

The lighthouse is awesome! Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

Ren said...

I love the almost antique feel of the photos' color palettes.

PhotoPuddle said...

How cool. I love these daffodils!

PhotoPuddle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Magers Soulen said...

Beautiful work! I love the vases of daffodils and the lighthouse photos. Well done!

Cheers!
Julie
Julie Magers Soulen Photography